Monday, May 14, 2007

Advice from the Chesire Cat and the Red Queen

"'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where-' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'-so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.
'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.'"

"Speak French when you can't think of the English for a thing-turn out your toes as you walk-and remember who you are."

To all my readers,

This blog will try to keep you updated, as well as help me to remember, my travels in Europe over the next few months. I'll try to keep stories interesting and post pictures if I can figure out how. Comment as you see fit, but remember that many different people will be reading this, so please keep all comments appropriate for all ages. If you see me in a place that you've been before and have suggestions, even down to a restaurant to eat at or a statue to go to, comment and let me know!

Cheers!

Melissa

3 comments:

flynnie said...

Hooray! Safe travels and have a wonderful time! Can't wait to read all about it!

xoxo,
rachel f.

Roxie said...

Bon Voyage!
I might be headed to Europe briefly in July to visit my friend Tumi in Sweden. Maybe we'll bump into each other somewhere?
YAY!
Roxie

DCMarlene said...

Hi Melissa,

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you as you're meandering along the west coast of Ireland. I just did a little research and learned about John Ford's film, "The Quiet Man." Much of it was filmed in Galway and Galway has become the mecca for "Quiet Maniacs." In your honor, I'll try to rent the movie this weekend.

On another note, I have to ask what "Uffish" means? (I hope having to ask doesn't make me seem un-cool...I always want to be your cool aunt.)

And in closing, I'm wondering if folks in Galway play whiffle ball?

Love, Marlene