Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Oh, so much to post! More Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Bonn, Trier, Luxembourg, and now Paris! However, I must run off to a tour of the Opera Garnier, the phantom of the opera opera house. However, I just wanted to say two things.

One: Like Napoleon, I came, saw, and conquered the Louvre. Those who doubt that it can be done in a day...and done well...are just wrong. On Friday nights they are open until 10, so if one gets there at, say, 9:30, one can do the Louvre, every open room, in 12 hours. Melissa one, Louvre...well...it just trumps everything anyway, so it wins. So, Melissa one, Mona Lisa, 0. What an overrated piece of art. It is bigger than I thought... And do not forget...Napoleon was also short.

Two: I know that I posted the first page of Book 6 as soon as I got it in London, 6 hours before most of you. I apologize for not rubbing it in again and posting it this morning...internet at my hostel is bad. Hmmm...sorry...but I still got it before most of you. Not that many of you care, but for those who do, you know who you are. I got it at 1:50AM...line was long at WH Smith. We could get it at 1:01 here because Britain had to release it first. (One hour time difference, and a one minute start.) Coutrney (character: Courtney is an amazing set designer and artist at Harvard, and she is studying here for the summer. More on her in the Paris posts.) and I are going to sit in a park, eat lots of bread, cheese, and chocolate, and read the book today. My feet need a tiny break after yesterday anyway.

Also, French keyboards have to be the worst! Fingers very tired from the single finger pecking.

1 comment:

Caset said...

i hope you enjoyed it! and thanks for the post card! miss you tons and we'll have to chat once you're done with it - i just can't believe it's over...